girlsoloinarabia.typepad.com > 09. Jordan

« Back to 09. Jordan

Castle of the Raven

Castle of the Raven

Kerak

The Mamluk part of Kerak was built for “Ibn B’s Sultan”, an-Nasir Mohammed, in 1311 using re-cycled material from the Crusader and others parts which had collapsed. Recent reconstruction and excavations have removed huge amounts of rubble and debris, exposing more of the walls of a crusader church as well as opening up the kitchens, barracks and stables inside the castle.

This wall was probably the original external wall under the Crusaders.

Permalink